Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Meet Aubrey Burchell

I love people who feel passionately about something and have amazing talent. My friend's daughter is one of those people. Her name is Aubrey and she sings from her soul. I am talking deep down. Her voice is already booming enough to remind you of Adele, Amy Whinehouse and Etta James. She's only 11 and I have her in my iTunes.

I want you to meet Aubrey. I did a little Q&A with her so that she can talk about her new project with Pittsburgh Producer and Club Owner, Mark Gibson. Aubrey and Mark currently have a Kickstarter fundraiser to produce and distribute a Christmas single called Nothing for Me.



She is hoping to raise enough funds by December 11 to put out the single and needs to meet a $1000 goal. Please take some time to watch some of her videos and read her Q&A so you can see the amazing talent that Aubrey possesses. I ask that if you can, please consider supporting her Kickstarter program to help make her dream a reality!

Check out these videos of Aubrey singing at the ZanderZ fudraiser for Autistic and Special Needs Children.





Now that you've had a chance to hear Aubrey sing, keep reading and get to know a little more about her.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm Aubrey and I'm 11. I have two sisters, Brenna and Cayla, and 4 pets. My favorite color is Blue. I LOVE to sing, play softball,gymnastics, and musical theater. I was Ariel in the Little Mermaid play. I also like sing for fundraisers.
You're still really young. How old were you when you first started singing?
When I first started talking! I have always been singing! LoL
I am always amazed when you start to sing how strong your vocals are and your ability to project them. How does it feel to have such a big voice in such a small package?
I don't know how to describe it. I thank God for giving me a gift(:
I already know how your parents help to nurture your love of music but for the readers please tell us about your family and what they do to support you.
Mom and Dad remind me to practice everyday. Dad helps with keeping me in the right key and tells me when I'm pitchy. They have found fundraisers for me to sing for and have taken me hours away just to sing. They help a lot!
Who are your biggest musical influences?
Adele, Christina Aguilara, Mariah Carey, Whitney Huston, Alex Claire, Ray LaMotagne, Etta James...there are so many LoL(:
What are your favorite two songs to sing and why?
I have so much fun singing and performing Celo's Forget You and Etta James At Last is one of my favorites to sing becuase it's a beautiful song.
What is your dream for your musical career?
My dream is to get my name out there, record albums, and maybe go on tour one day and sing at big places!
Tell us about the song you are hoping to record called "Nothing For Me".
It's called Nothing For Me, we have already recorded it just hoping the Kickstarter works so it can be released. It's about giving and thankfulness and to some people it's just not. The person is angry and wondering what happened and what is wrong with people. Remember what is important. The last line says remember the homeless, remember the children.
What is it like working with Mark Gibson?
Mark is a very nice guy! He is very experienced with music and I look up to him. He wrote the song and asked me to sing it, he took me to the studio and made the Kickstarter for me. I also have sang at his club Club Radioactive.
So what is Kickstarter and how does your project work?
Kickstarter is a place to put stuff out there and raise money for projects. If we meet the goal the song is funded, if the goal isn't reached nobody is charged and the project isn't funded.
Last words to the readers?
Thank you Jessica. Thank you to those who read this. I hope you enjoy the song. Hope to sing for you sometime!!


Please take some time to check out Aubrey's videos and consider a donation to her Kickstarter.

Link to Kickstarter - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gibsound/nothing-for-christmas


You can also check out Aubrey's YouTube Channel and Like her on Facebook!

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/dyptheriashell?feature=watch


Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/AubreyBurchell


Thanks for reading all about Aubrey. Hopefully she finds a few more fans in some of you!

2 comments:

  1. Jess I'm going to thank you in 30 different places! LOL!

    I can't thank you enough for doing this for her! This will for sure be a keepsake for her :) Thank you for always supporting her and understanding how much she loves singing and performing. <3 XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Heather, she's a good girl and she works really hard. She deserves some recognition. You know I will do whatever I can to help her.

      Delete

Spam and inappropriate comments will be deleted and users will be blocked.